It was creation that gave David the authority to reveal such a strong poetic verse. Through his lyrics
& music he expressed his desire to share with the world his challenges to which he fought so hard.

It is said that “the wealth of a soul is measured by how much it can feel”. David felt much in his lifetime...
Most important, he felt his mother and father’s love, his family, and friend’s love.

It is in this, that David was wealthy. And who, that knew David, can say that
their souls are not wealthier for the love they received in return?

Friends & Family

As in my book, here too I must thank the handful of people that have been with me every day since the loss of my son.  I would be remiss, if I did not give them mention here.

From the Book
I am grateful and blessed to have been surrounded by so many loving family and friends. Without their support, caring and patience it would not have been possible to undertake a project such as this, to which such emotional challenges were attached.

To my big sister Pat and her partner Kathy, my brother Steve and his wife Edna, and my dearest friend Bonnie. Thank you for always offering counsel and demonstrating your love; even when I was unbearably angry and blameful while deeply grieving the loss of my precious son David.

To Cliff and Wandalee. Cliff...Thank you for your assistance to me with this project. Without your collaboration, computer skills, and constant optimistic encouragement, this would be almost an insurmountable task. From my heart to yours, may I express my enormous gratitude and love. It was because of your guidance and constant encouragement that I was able to honor and give a just tribute to my sweet son.

And to Wandalee (Cliff’s wife), your expressions of uncon- ditional love and support so often pulled me out of many of my despairing moments. And as David would often write to me...
“May you both experience all “The Best This World Has To Offer, Along With Infinite Good Health?

To Ivan; David called him ‘Bro, for brother. To Ivan’s mother & father Consuelo, (my dearest adopted sister) and her husband Arnaldo. Thank you for always being there for David; exhibiting the utmost respect, unending love, kindness and humor. You sustained me in the most agonizing time of my life

To my dearest and treasured friend Deanna. Only during the month spent with you did I begin to feel a glimmer of healing. Gradually, the vicious anger that I had been expressing abated. Your extremely sensitive and caring nature gave me strength when I had none. Thank you for the many tears we shared and the lovely books we read to each other. I felt such peace and comfort in your presence.

To Simone, Silvio, and children. For I was enfolded in their loving, generous and compassionate arms while living with them for three months in Cattolica, Italy.

To Fioretta and Mario Prioli for their unending display of warmth and hospitality. And, for the delicious and unforgett- able “Romagnoli” meals at their Hotel Marconi.

To Aldo.... Who simply understood that I needed to experience again the gorgeous countryside of Italy. The abundance of natural beauty just amazed me and lightened my heavy heart. “Grazie” for your kindness, humor, and affection.

To Evelyn Miller, Joanne Neagus, and all at the National Alliance of Mental Health Support Group. I thank them for their expression of unending compassion, advice and support all through the years of David’s plight.

To Gustavo Benejam for his sincerity, kindness and knowledge- able guidance throughout my grieving process.

‘Grazie Mille’ (A Thousand Thanks) To all. Yes, my heart is bursting with gratitude and love for all of you. May you experience abundant blessings, good health, many joyous moments, and true peace.

Sempre Con Amore - Always with love
David and Loretta
HOME PAGE HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to contribute, please do... thank you.

The health information contained herein is provided for general education purposes only.
This site should not be seen as a substitute for an official diagnosis or for professional health care.

  © Blogger templates Artsy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP