It was creation that gave David the authority to reveal such a strong poetic verse. Through his lyrics
& music he expressed his desire to share with the world his challenges to which he fought so hard.

It is said that “the wealth of a soul is measured by how much it can feel”. David felt much in his lifetime...
Most important, he felt his mother and father’s love, his family, and friend’s love.

It is in this, that David was wealthy. And who, that knew David, can say that
their souls are not wealthier for the love they received in return?

A Book From Me and David - For You

Dearest Friends,

My book, "David", written in tribute and; honor of my son, is now available. When I first saw the book in hardcover, I wept tears of joy and sadness because of the reality and tangibility of all! No more could there be denial that physically, David had passed. - but how I grasp on to his spirit which is always with me.

There is no doubt that the writing of his story and the sincere love of my family and friends helped me to survive when I first learned of David's passing. David's image on the this website and the book demonstrates that he lives on - and that he will help others even without his physical presence.

Hopefully, when someone is in anguish and searching for
guidance; that help may be found in reading,
"David, A Young's Man's Journey Out Of The Light,
And Into The Darkness Of Bipolar".
Here is where the book can be purchased....
There is a hardcover, softcover, and even an electronic
(pdf) download at a very nominal cost.

All proceeds will go to charity serving
those with mental illness.


My Love to All
David's Mom.... Loretta
I wrote this book and created this website for my sweet son David — to honor his courage and fortitude in dealing with Bipolar—and, in the last year and a half of his life with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. (OCD) Also, with the hope of helping others understand the extraordinary suffering, loss of dignity, accompanied by shame and embarrassment caused by the stigma of mental illness and painful side effects of medications.

I need to inform and shed some understanding about mental illness while at the same time tell the world some of his story. I, his mother, honor him for all that he was. David’s generosity, kindness, compassion and fortitude, had no bounds. David’s life has not been lived in vain; no life is. He made a difference. His journey must be told. I hope this website will accomplish that.

Countless doctors’ drugs and endless blood tests, David endured so much pain; emotional and physical. Only through his music and lyrics did he express his sadness, rage, and loss of dignity. Every day he would awake to the realization that without medication - (lithium) he could experience insanity—the loss of control of brain function.

Bipolar is a medical illness.
It is usually thrust upon young adults in their late teens. Lithium helped David stabilize his mood, which, mainly exhibited as manic episodes. Brain scans have shown the brain is like a circuit board; the mother of circuit boards, with ideas and electrical impulses racing around the circuit.

Our Elected Officials
I have authored this book and website in order to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. We need officials of government to support more funding and research necessary to educate society to work toward erasing the number one problem of pain of stigma; Hospitals and mental facilities must give better, more compassionate care to those suffering the extraordinary loneliness of battling mental illness. Legislation needs to be enacted to help reduce the huge financial burden put upon the patient’s family. As better funding and treatment becomes available for all young men and women who endure this pain and loss of dignity, we will begin to erase their reoccurring suffering.

They Are Among Us
Individuals with mental Illness are not apart from us. They live among us as writers, artists, musicians, mathematicians, architects, poets, actors etc. They are highly sensitive, creative, and intelligent human beings worthy of love, compassion respect, and kindness. Let us begin to offer these things to them so as to expedite their healing.

And to my dear son David
You are always with me in spirit. I thank you with all my heart for all the joyous times we shared as well the sad times in which you have taught me so much. I will never forget you ironic humor and all our laughter. It is those warm and treasured memories that give me the strength and sustenance to carry on each day; as the grief at times feels almost unbearable.

Dave, we have been blessed. We experienced real love and respect for each other. I honor you each day by living my life the way I know you would want me to. Until I am reunited with you, Dad Lino, and Grandma Stella...

Ciao, il mio Tesoro (my treasure) Con Amore e Abbraccio Forte, Forte (With love & strong hugs)

HOME PAGE HERE

1 comments:

Anonymous December 8, 2009 at 2:09 AM  

Looking forward to your book... and thank you for this blog.

Post a Comment

If you have something to contribute, please do... thank you.

The health information contained herein is provided for general education purposes only.
This site should not be seen as a substitute for an official diagnosis or for professional health care.

  © Blogger templates Artsy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP